Sonntag, 23. August 2015

RETOUCHED - Chapter 1 - Give me a coffee kiss

Finally it was the day of Level Five’s Showcase. They would perform their new song Coffee Kiss on the famous show ‚Hotchart‘. Every week the show invited the most popular bands and presented their new songs.
Even though I wasn’t part of the band, I was invited. And I was told that I was the only one invited, starring in the music video. I didn’t know how Mr. Kwon managed to arrange this, but I was somewhat excited to see the boys again and to see the music video on a big screen. 
„We have to leave to the salon.“, Mr. Kwon yelled through my door.
When I opened it I looked into a huge pair of blue sunglasses and a gum chewing mouth with stubbles around it.
„Are you going to wear this?“, he asked and looked at me mustering.
„What’s wrong with this?!“, I asked.
Mr. Kwon shook his head, pushed me aside and opened my closet.
He sighed and observed my clothes. „Your style is awful.“, he chewed. „Haven’t I taught you anything? It’s been months that we’re working together.“, he added.
„I know, I just don’t have time to buy new things and mostly I went to occasions where I didn’t get to wear my own clothes.“, I tried to defend myself.
„I see.“, he said and seemed to give in. „Minsoo! Minsoo!“, he then yelled.
Minsoo was my roommate. She was a trainee at Elbi Entertainment. She was a short, skinny girl with a cheeky blonde pixie cut and huge black eyes that she covered with a pair of green contact lenses.
„What is it, Mr. Kwon?“, she came into our room, looking up to him with her saucer eyes.
„Can I borrow some clothes? For Clover?“, he asked her. But I knew that is wasn’t really a question.
„Of course.“, Minsoo answered and went over to her closet.
„Let’s see.“, Mr. Kwon said and pulled out some clothing items. Minsoo watched him with discontent on her face since he was spreading her clothes all over the room.
„This is it.“, he said and handed me some really colorful shorts. I was wondering if he could see the colors correctly with his blue shades.
„Hurry up. I’m waiting downstairs in the car.“, he said and left.
I sighed. ‚I’m sorry‘, Minsoo formed with her lips and closed the door behind her.
I was alone in the room, looked at myself in the mirror. I thought my outfit was picked out well. It wasn’t a public event, so why dress up like this?!
But I thought that was just another thing that I had yet to learn.
     I walked down the stairs, wearing a pink and white striped shorts, that more likely looked like a skirt and a yellow short sleeve blouse with a tied bow in the front. I had a hard time taking the stairs in my platform heels. But Mr. Kwon didn’t allow me to take the elevator, since it would make me lazy and chubby.
I climbed in to the car and off we went to the salon.
I recognized the girl with the light hair who started to work on me with a flat iron.
„Excuse me?“, I asked her.
She jumped backwards, her eyes wide open, as if she was afraid.
„What is your name?“, I wanted to know.
She looked at me in confusion. „It’s Sunhi, Miss Clover.“, she said and continued straightening my hair.
„Do you want to report me?“, she asked after a small pause.
„What? Why?“, I was surprised about that question.
„Usually our costumers don’t ask for our names. Unless they want to report us.“, she explained.
„Oh, really!? I didn’t know that.“, I answered.
„So, Miss Clover, you’re not going to report me?“, she seemed nervous.
„I just thought since I saw you last time, I might see you again and it would be good to know your name.“, I stated.
I noticed that Sunhi was speaking with a low voice and observed the surroundings to check if anyone was listening.
„You really are new to the business.“, she said. I didn’t hear if she meant it in a good or bad way.
She noticed my worried look and smiled at me.
We had to stop our conversation since a stylist started on my makeup.
When I was done, I looked into my reflection. I felt so pretty after the stylists did my makeup. They really knew how to enhance my features. They only put little color on my lips. I sorta got that they were trying a totally different style than what I looked like in the music video.
As if Mr. Kwon could see through walls, he appeared in the doorframe and waved me out. It was time to get to the showcase.
Mr. Kwon put his arm around my shoulder and together we walked outside the salon and got into the car again. It wasn’t a long drive. But it was enough time for me to realize what I had to go through today. Mr. Kwon, who again took of his sunglasses to have some serious talk, explained that I had to walk over the green carpet, the red carpet version of ‚Hotchart‘ and even though nobody would know who I am, I had to act like someone famous and get my picture taken. But, luckily, no interviews. Although Mr. Kwon said nobody would ask for an interview anyway.
I wasn’t sure if I would like this or not. I felt like I was some kind of wannabe walking over the green carpet, getting pictures taken, that nobody would use for anything. Or would they?!
     We arrived at the green carpet. I looked outside the tinted window of the car and spotted Level Five in front of the canvas with ‚Hotchart‘ written all over it.
The door was opened and Mr. Kwon got out of the car. I took some deep breaths, tried to calm down my racing heart.
„Come on out.“, he said, still chewing that gum. It must’ve lost all its flavor by now.
I was standing next to Mr. Kwon and I was shaking because I was so nervous.
„Don’t be nervous. It will be fine.“, he said with his calming voice. Most of the time Mr. Kwon was yelling or he was mad or acting really tough and serious. His calm side only peaked through at some occasions. But I was happy that he at least had this side.
„You just walk over the carpet, pose for five seconds and then leave.“, he explained again.
I nodded.
But it wouldn’t happen that way.
All the sudden I caught Taejung’s glance. I haven’t even noticed that I was starring at him.
When he saw me, his lips spread into a wide smile.
„Clover!“, he yelled. Immediately all of the photographers turned their heads at me.
I was startled.
Taejung waved at me and also the rest of Level Five tried to get me over to them.
I looked at Mr. Kwon, who seemed really satisfied. „That’s even better.“, he mumbled.
Before I could move, Taejung grabbed my arm and pulled me onto the green carpet. He shoved me into the middle of Level Five and I turned on my professional mode.
„Who is this?“, „Is this your girlfriend?“, everyone yelled. Their voices mixed together into a tornado  spinning around my head.
„This is Clover. She’s the girl, who you can see in our new music video. You’ll get to see her beauty in just a bit.“, Chaemin, the leader of Level Five said and winked at the interviewers and photographers.
More questions swirled around but none of them were answered anymore. Level Five and me went into the building and right into the backstage area where Mr. Kwon was already waiting for me.
„Brilliant! The photographers love you. And that Taejung pulled you onto the carpet - AMAZING! This is going to hit the headlines!“, Mr. Kwon grabbed my shoulders and shook me.
Level Five was invited to the couch for the interview with Lee Sooyoung and Lee Shinyoung, the sibling-hosts of ‚Hotchart‘.
„We’ve all been waiting for Level Five’s comeback and we’re all really excited to finally hear their new song AND see the music video premiere, today, here at ‚Hotchart‘!“, Sooyoung announced. She was wearing her hair in a bouncy curly ponytail and a fitted white dress. Her brother Shinyoung, he was younger than her, but still looked older, wore a matching white pair of pants and a simple button down shirt.
„But!“, Shinyoung said with a serious voice and the audience became really quiet. „Before the premiere, let’s ask Level Five some questions about Coffee Kiss, shall we?!“, his voice got louder in the end. The audience started screaming and applauded.
I was sitting in the VIP Lounge on a comfortable sofa and watched the show over the screen.
„Chaemin?“, Sooyoung said. „Can you tell us what Coffee Kiss is about?“, she wanted to know.
Chaemin was really good-looking. He was the only blonde member of Level Five. You could tell by his appearance that he was the leader of the group. He had some sort of authority that made him look really mature and reasonable.
„Of course Coffee Kiss has a love theme. It is about missed chances.“, he said with his lovely voice. Ever since I knew of Level Five I fell in love with Chaemin’s voice. It had something really refreshing to it. It was hard to explain in what way it was unique. But it just was.
„Missed chances, huh?!“, Sooyoung smiled. „Tell us more.“, she requested.
Chaemin laughed and shook his head. „Well.“, he started. „In the video Heojae is a boy, who always gets his coffee in the same cafe, since he likes the waitress working there. But he never confesses to her and so one day he eventually loses her to someone else.“, he basically explained what everyone would see in just a bit anyway.
The audience made noises full of pity.
„So who gets the girl in the end?“, Shinyoung asked with excitement.
„We can’t say that.“, Heojae grinned. He was the rapper of Level Five. He always seemed really tough. Mainly because of the few tattoos he had on his neck and knuckles. His hair was the shortest and earrings embellished his ears.
„There had been rumors that Dreamies’ Jisun was supposed to be starring in your music video. But none of those rumors had ever been confirmed.“, Sooyoung stated.
„That’s true. Jisun was suppposed to play the role of the waitress but due to their Japan-tour she wasn’t able to do it.“, Chaemin answered. He was really good with words.
„You never revealed who the new waitress is. Why is it such a big secret?“, Sooyoung asked. I didn’t expect the interview to go into this direction. I wasn’t sure how I felt about this. I wasn’t someone who could compete with Jisun. She was pretty and amazing. She was a role model.
„Instead of someone already famous we chose to pick someone with a new face. And I’m confident that we made the right choice.“, Baeksoo explained. He barely talked. At least that was my impression of him. I had to admit I was quite fascinated how well the boys of Level Five were able to answer all those questions. It must have been the training that Mr. Kwon promised me to get soon.
„It would have been irritating to see someone of Dreamies or some other idol in the video. We’re trying to show a natural scene. Like Level Five in a cafe with a real waitress. With an unknown face the video gains authenticity.“, Seoljin said. He was the one with the blue hair.
     „This is getting pretty interesting, don’t you think?!“, Shinyoung asked the audience, which replied with applause and yelling and screaming.
„Are you ready to finally see the music video to Coffee Kiss?“, he asked.
Again the audience bursted out into applause.
It was the first time that I saw the video myself. It was weird to look at myself this way. It had been weird when I shot my first commercial for Coffee Montage, but this time it was even weirder since I saw myself interacting with Level Five. I felt how I blushed when the ending scene was shown, where Taejung took my hand and smiled at me. 

„What an amazing video.“, Shinyoung said after it ended.
Level Five was smiling like little kids and seemed really proud.
„I must admit the concept with a new face really got me here.“, Sooyoung smiled. „So Taejung is the one who gets the girl.“, she said and looked at Heojae, who then laughed.
Taejung smiled over his entire face.
„Was this decided beforehand or did you choose while you were filming?“, Sooyoung asked.
„I was pre-picked because I never had one of those scenes in our music videos.“, Taejung said. He wore the same hair as in the video.
„The chemistry between you two seemed really intense. Is there more off set?“, Sooyoung wanted to know. She leaned forward and starred at Taejung with curiosity.
He seemed embarrassed and ran his hand through his side swept hair.
„No, no.“, he denied. „We’re just both really good actors I suppose.“
Even though I knew he had to say this, I had wished for something else. I knew it was stupid of me to think that there had been something, but the credulity inside myself was keeping its hopes up.
„You cannot tell me this was all acting.“, Sooyoung tried to draw him out.
„Maybe there was some chemistry eventually.“, Taejung admitted and surprised everyone with this answer. The audience reacted with ‚oohs‘ and ‚ahs‘.
After the audience calmed down again Sooyoung continued the interview.
Coffee Kiss is only the title song of your new album…“
More questions were asked about the upcoming album and the future plans of Level Five. I was watching carefully, trying to remember gestures and answer patterns that would help me grow as a celebrity. That I hadn’t been yet. 

I was exhausted when I was finally back at the dorm and let myself sink into my pillow.
Leaving ‚Hotchart‘ was harder than I thought. I didn’t know what impact one single video could have. All the photographers were taking photos like crazy and everyone wanted a statement of me, because of what Taejung said about the chemistry between us. But Mr. Kwon had advised me to not answer any questions yet. People were curious about my relationship with Level Five, not about myself as a person.
Nevertheless I was excited. I didn’t care if people were just asking questions because of Taejung. It has been the whole point from the beginning anyway. It was exactly what we wanted. People started talking and I would become famous.

-

kpopobession.com

Level Five surprises Fans at Hotchart

Everyone had been waiting for the comeback of the year - Level Five. The promotions for their new song Coffee Kiss started early this year but Levelers all over the world had to wait until now, to finally see their boys perform again.

Level Five is back with a new concept. An elegant and more sophisticated look is what the five boys announced with the teaser pics for their upcoming album, which’s name is yet to be revealed. But not only did the boys surprise with a new look, also the sound of the new song is rather different, and for many fans, unexpected. 
Level Five switched their cheesy ballads into a pop version of MBC’s Coffee Prince with catchy tunes and amazing choreographies, proving that they sure can dance.
Theme-wise the new songs of our beloved boys stay within the love topic. Leader Chaemin explained during the interview at Hotchart that Coffee Kiss is about „missing chances“. Also Chaemin revealed there’s more to come and more to be surprised about on the new album. One song even continuing the plot of the MV for Coffee Kiss. That’s definitely one thing that we don’t wanna miss.

And of course we’re curious if we see more of Taejung and Clover. Levelers went crazy when Maknae Taejung admitted during Hotchart’s interview chemistry between him and fellow actress Clover was right. Someone with good memory might recognize the young newbie from commercials such as Coffee Montage and Binggrae’s banana milk.
Already dating rumors, not only including Taejung, but also Chaemin and Heojae, spread through the web and make Levelers discuss over twitter with #L5CoffeeKiss. 

-

Have you ever read your name on a website? I haven’t. It was a great, yet strange feeling. I already knew that dating rumors weren’t good rumors. They counted as neutral rumors.
Good rumors were news such as an upcoming collaboration, a comeback or some other activities that fans wanted to see. They created excitement and positive feelings. Bad rumors however, they were rumors like plastic surgery, drug abuse or contract issues. Practically anything people would hate you for. The neutral rumors could cause both. Hate and Love. Some people would take the idol’s side and some people wouldn’t.

Mr. Kwon said that I needed good rumors. Bad rumors were for pathetic celebrities desperate to get attention. I was afraid he would get mad at me for causing those rumors. Even though I didn’t even do anything.
As if Mr. Kwon knew I was thinking about him, my phone rang.
„Yes?“, I answered.
„Did you read the article on kpopobsession?“, he asked.
„Yes.“, I replied.
He sighed. „I must admit I’m not totally satisfied. I was hoping they would mention you within another context. But of course this is was Mr. Park and I were expecting to happen. We’re going to deny all the rumors for now.“, he said.
For now? What was that supposed to mean?
„But I have good news, too.“, he continued. „Binggrae booked you again. It was good that you’re commercials were mentioned in the article.“
„Really?“
„I think we’re already one step further then I was hoping. So after your shoot with Binggrae we need to start to work on your social media accounts and make them more public.“, he explained.




© all rights reserved || copyright by J.J.B. allejmoon.blogspot.com

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen