Samstag, 15. August 2015

RETOUCHED - Prologue

My heart was beating in my chest. Everyone was swirling around in my fitting room. The air was sticky and filled with all sorts of hectic mumbling and nervous questions.
I starred into my reflection. Observed my pale skin, my juicy pink lips and my dark brown eyes. A stylist, I didn’t know her name, put some powder on my forehead and cheeks.
„We need a little hair touch up over here.“, she yelled.
Immediately a girl with light hair appeared next to me. She grabbed the curling wand and redid some of the curls that had fallen out while I was trying on different outfits. She came so close I could see the clogged pores around her oily nose.
The door was opened and I saw a man walking in.
„Is she ready yet? We have a schedule to stick to.“, he said with an unfriendly voice.
„She’s ready.“, Mr. Kwon, my manager, said. He wore his blue sunglasses, like he always did. Even though we were inside.
The girl sprayed some hairspray on my hair and again a stylist fixed my makeup with some powder.
I stood up from the stool and went to Mr. Kwon.
„Isn’t she gorgeous.“, he said with a huge smile on his face. He put his arm around my shoulder and seemed to be really proud.
„She looks better than on the pictures of her comp card.“, the man said.
„I told you, didn’t I?!“, Mr. Kwon smiled.
„Clover, this is Mr. Park, Level Five’s manager.“, he introduced me.
I bowed. So he was the one who booked me.
„Ya ya, we don’t have time for that. We have to start shooting.“, Mr. Park said and led us out of the fitting room. „Time is money.“
We walked down the hallway, followed by a bunch of stylists, who were supposed to come with us to set and fix my makeup and hair if necessary.
I felt really awkward. I felt special in some way but there was also some kind of discomfort. My dress was way to tight and I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to breathe anymore.
We got into the elevator of Elbi Entertainment. My heart started racing when we arrived the lobby. I was totally nervous, my stomach turned upside down. Or maybe it was because I didn’t eat yet.
Mr. Park and Mr. Kwon were blocking my way, but still I tried to peak and get a better view of what was awaiting me.
„You guys just head out the side door and give the boys one more minute to sign autographs.“, Mr. Park said. So we were leaving without him.
I could hear the fans scream and tried to recognize one of the boys in front of the Elbi building, but Mr. Kwon grabbed my arm and dragged me to the side door, before Mr. Park went outside and the glass door opened.
     A car was already waiting. Black with tinted windows.
I got into the car and the door was closed.
I tried to calm down. My head was spinning and I got really tired. But I had to stay focused. I couldn’t pass out. There was no time to feel exhausted.
„Here, drink something.“, Mr. Kwon said and handed me a water bottle. „But not too much. Or else your belly will show.“, he added.
The car’s engine started. It drove around the corner to the main entrance and stopped again.
I looked outside the dark windows and watched Level Five get into their car. Some of them were already inside. I recognized Baeksoo waving at the fans. Seoljin was the last one who got into the car. He just recently colored his hair blue, that way I remembered him the most.
„So here’s the rules.“, Mr. Kwon started. „The boys will get pretty close to you during the shoot. I want you to act professional. I don’t want anyone to notice you’re a beginner, okay?!“, he said with a serious tone in his low voice.
I nodded. Act professional.
„Furthermore, don’t touch the boys, don’t stare at the boys and also, don’t talk to them.“
I looked into Mr. Kwon’s black eyes, hammering all of his words into my head. He only took his sunglasses off, if something was really important and serious.
„Are we clear?“, he asked.
I, again, nodded.
„If this goes well, those…“, he said and pointed out the window, „…will be your fans soon.“, he said and grinned.
I took some deep breaths. The car started rolling, following Level Five’s car.

I wasn’t introduced to them. Some women just showed me my spot and told me what I should do. Mostly my job was to stand around and look good, while one of the boys would interact with me. They told me just to act naturally and that the band would know what to do.
„Action!“, a man yelled.
The set was a small cafe. I wore a light blue dress and was supposed to be a waitress in the cafe. I wasn’t the only girl around, although the others wore white aprons. I observed them carefully, searching for some flaws. I felt something like jealousy.
„Clover!“, someone yelled. I looked into the eyes of an angry director. I had to get used to this name. „Could you focus?!“, he said. Some of the other girls started giggling.
We started all over again.
„Really nice!“, the director said. „Cut!“, I heard again. „Hair!“, someone then yelled.
Immediately the girl from before came rushing and took care of my hair.
     I started to feel a little bit better in front of the camera. Slowly the nervousness started to wear off. Although I didn’t see anyone of Level Five yet.
We took a short break. I felt a little dizzy and went over to the buffet table to grab some water.
„Don’t eat anything.“, Mr. Kwon’s voice sounded in my ear. „You can eat later.“, he stated.
My tummy started rumbling.
„Hey!“, I heard someone say right behind me. I didn’t even hear Mr. Kwon leave.
When I turned around I looked into Taejung’s face. He was the Maknae of Level Five.
I remembered Mr. Kwon’s words and didn’t say anything in reply.
„I’m Taejung.“, he said. „I was told I’m supposed to shoot with you in a second.“, he smiled.
Taejung was a bit taller than me. He wore a light blue shirt, matching the color of my dress and his hair was neatly swept to one side.
„You’re Clover, right?!“, he asked when I didn’t reply.
I only nodded. Clover, that was my name now.
„Taejung!“, Mr. Park came to us. „We’re starting with the middle part.“, he said.
While I had no idea what this meant for me, Taejung seemed to be pretty knowing of what was going on right now.
„So I guess I see you later then.“, Taejung said and smiled at me. Mr. Park squinted his eyes at me and left together with Taejung.
     I did my best to act professional. Shooting the middle part meant that all the boys at once were dancing around the cafe. Mr. Kwon and Mr. Park, as well as the rest of the team seemed to be pretty happy with what I offered them. We barely had to retake any scene because I messed up and I started to feel extremely confident.
I had been giving the other girls jealous looks, but now it was them who looked at me that way. I was the center of attention. I was the main girl in the music video that everyone of Level Five was after. I felt amazing, I felt like I did it. For the first time I thought that Mr. Kwon’s words might actually become true. This was only the beginning of my career. And I was using Level Five’s popularity.
     Finally it was time for my scene with Taejung. Since he was the one who got the girl in the end. Or I could also say, he was the one who got ME in the end.
I enjoyed acting together with him. I felt like there was actually something between us. There was this scene where he leaned over the counter, looked me deeply in the eye and took my hands into his. When he looked at me like that, I totally startled. But luckily no one noticed that I lost track, starring into Taejung’s amazing eyes. I felt a shiver run down my back when he touched my hand for the first time. 

„Great job everyone!“, the director yelled and clapped into his hands.
We were done shooting.
Mr. Kwon led me out of the cafe right away. No words of goodbye. Nothing.
We got into the car and went back to my dorm. I was tired and hungry. But still, I was happy. Now I only had to wait until the video would be released.



© all rights reserved || copyright by J.J.B. allejmoon.blogspot.com

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen